Sunday, November 06, 2005

Just when you thought you were safe, someone asks if you want another drink.

Ever swore off drinking, every day for three days in a row?
Yeah, thats me, I have been drinking for the past three days. Last night seemed to be the most interesting. My father, asks me, if i want to do a shot.

SHOT?! FUCK YEAH, ILL SCHOOL YOU, OLD MAN, YOU WONT KNOW WHAT FUCKING HIT YOU.

Oh boy was I wrong. I always wondered why my father had stomach problems, concerned wether this was genetic. The old man used to drink Jack straight from the bottle, something I would never contemplate doing, ever. That was a saturday night for my father in his twenties. My father spoke of 3 day drinking binges and when asked if he knew how to make any other shots (besides the B-52s he was making for myself and Joe):
"so dad, do you know any other shots?"
"No, I used to drink everything else straight"
"Straight?"
"yeah, like straight from the bottle"

I knew I was in some trouble at that point. We chased this shit with beer. Shot, chase, shot, chase, shot, chase... I saw double, triple and hell i swore i saw quadrouple. The old man declared me dead and left me eating my words.

TODAYS LESSON: YOU CANT OUT DRINK A MAN WHOS BEEN DOING IT LONGER THAN YOU HAVE LIVED.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home