Sunday, November 20, 2005

Who wants to take a PT test? OOO OOO ME ME ME ME

So I get up to Londonderry on Friday morning after calling up to the drill hall about information on what exactly I would be doing. I get the "oh yeah dont worry about it" spiel...then i get the "hey, you are a non commissioned officer, you should know better, who is in your chain of command? you should call them". Fuckin thanks a lot guys. Here is a snippet of my conversation with the UA:
Me: "So, what time do I have to be at Devens?"
UA: "Oh shit, Devens? you are supposed to go to Devens"
Me: "yeah on the phone you told me..."
UA: "I dont know what you are taking about"
Me: "oh my god, you guys are setting me up for fai...(lure)"
UA: "hey now, you are a non commissioned officer, you should have nailed this down beforehand, whos your squad leader? you should call him"
--At this point I am thinking about our conversation on the phone: Me: "so whats the deal with devens this weekend" UA: "ill fill you in when you get here tomorrow" Me: "alright cool" UA: "yeah dont worry about it"
--
Me: "Well, my squad leader is Sgt ****"
UA: "yeah, he wont know"
Me: "Fuck it, ill just show up at zero-eight"
UA: [laughing] "should I start your 4187 right now?" (DA 4187 for promotion/demotion- in this case demotion)

Nevertheless, I show up on time and in the right place, only getting minor amounts of grief from the 1SG for not showing up the day before. I would like to, again, thank my chain of command for that one. I am a Non-Commissioned Officer, so i gotta learn to look out for number one because no one is looking out for me anymore.

Another great thing that happened to me was the last minute PT test they decided to throw on me. I had to borrow PT gear from this kid half my size. I looked funny in his tight ass PTs. His shoes were too small, my feet were numb by the time i got done with the two mile run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home