Wednesday, September 07, 2011

It's been a while...sorry internet, I was out wielding the sword for the republic. Now back to the wonderful world of higher education.

So, it's been a while...

Since the last time I blogged on here, I have gone to Afghanistan, come home and went back to my favorite place for higher learning: Western Connecticut State University. I gotta say, coming back I was expecting major hiccups with the registration/reintegration into college life process. It's more streamlined and the faculty/staff seems better prepared to help veterans along.

I met some of the Veterans in the Student/Veteran center on Midtown campus, they all seem pretty cool, albeit the occasional asshat. I almost flipped my shit on this older lady today in the center. I walked into the center at 8:15 this morning and was confronted with a rather Patton-ish order..."SIGN THE CARD". Apparently we were signing a card for the Danbury women's group who funds the center. Ok, got it, you have to give thanks to those who provide us this wonderful hang out. I get it. Just ask.

So I go to class, which was actually rather interesting, as I thought it was going to be a hum-drum sleeper. Then, I come back to the vet center and realize I left my water bottle and ID in the room. So, I knock on the door. I hear a voice in a loud and condescending tone: "WHERE'S YOUR ID", I explained that I left it in the room. It was the same woman. She laughed in the same condescending tone.

I then asked my former Marine buddy hanging out in the room, "Who the f*ck is that?" He replied that he didn't know who it was. About an hour later, a few vets came into the room. She promptly left the room shortly after. I asked again who she was. One of the guys said "Oh thats *******." I asked about her background, because honestly, she was so old I thought she worked at Westconn. She was a student and former Coast Guard as it turned out. "COAST GUARD?!" I replied, "Oh it's on like Donkey Kong next time she crosses my path."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home